The vinyl windows are a popular form of windows sometime in 1990’s. So, if you are living in a house that is not more than two decades of old, then there are chances that the windows are made of vinyl. In the recent times, the dual pane windows have invariably vinyl frames. People choose this frame as this offers a number of benefits over the aluminum framed windows. But, sometimes, the vinyl windows can break too. But there is nothing to worry as it is quite easier to conduct the vinyl window repair process.
- In case the glass of the vinyl window has broken, then you have to order the new glass panes. While ordering the glass panes, ensure that you choose the glass panes that suit with the previous glass panes. Otherwise, you really have to struggle to fit the windows. Keep the measurements and order the exact replacement.
- Before starting any repair work, remove all the outer sashes that hold the window in the right place. Besides, you can also cut a few stops on the basis of the design of your windows.
- The next step of the vinyl windows repair is to slide the window panes into the window until and unless it gets locked.
- In case the locking arrangement of the window is broken, then you can simply replace the total piece of the jamb liner or the broken balance cartridge as per the requirement. In case you are just replacing the glass, then ensure that you have removed all the sealant and all the traces of glass from the sliding frames. Therefore, seal the glass with a thin layer of the silicone caulking. It would take 24 hours to cure the caulking. After that, you can slide the pane into the window.
- In case you are repairing just the jamb liner, then remove it by snapping this out of the window sill by using a utility knife. Therefore, replace the jamb liner and refit it into the right way.
You can learn more about the vinyl window sash repair, by paying a visit to www.doorwindowrepairs.com